Pageviews

What is the ECON Blog all about?

My photo
Potchefstroom, North West Province, South Africa
Hi, My name is Dr Alicia Fourie. I am a senior lecturer at the North West University Potchefstroom Campus. I lecture economics for first year students. This blog is my platform. I communicate through my blog to my students,therefore flipping the economic classroom. Students will find slides, video’s, links and posts here that will assist them in economics.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Theory of Production

-->
Theory of Production
In the previous blog posts the utility and demand of the consumer were analysed. But in a microeconomic model, there is not only a consumer who exercises a demand – there is also a producer. The producers supply goods and services to the consumers. The first economic assumption is maximum profit. The motive of the producer is to make a profit! This motive is valid for the farmer, the shoe-producer, the pharmacists, the hairdresser and any other producer of goods and services.

Watch this video to get a better  perspective on Theory of Production.


No comments:

Post a Comment